Paleo Banoffee Pie
It's been ages since I've posted anything at all, and it was a while ago that I made this. But, it was so good. So unbelievably good that I ate nearly the whole pie myself. Which sadly is not all that unusual. Anyway, besides the point. It was an experiment that went incredibly well and I'd like to share with you how I made this great dish
- 2 cups Almond Meal
- 125g butter
- 20 dates, chopped
- ½ cup water
- ¼ coconut palm sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 – 3 bananas sliced
- Extra coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp arrowroot
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup raw cacao
- ¼ cup honey/maple syrup/coconut syrup
1. Pre heat oven to 180⁰C and line a pie tin with grease proof paper.
2. In a sauce pan combine dates, palm sugar and water and simmer down into a sauce while breaking down the dates. As the sauce starts to thicken add the cinnamon, salt and arrowroot. Take off the heat and set aside.
3. Melt 125g of butter and combine with almond meal. Press firmly into pie tin.
4. Pour caramel mixture into pie tin. Place Banana slices on top, layering evenly.
5. Sprinkle extra coconut palm sugar on top to create a crispy coating.
6. Place in over for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove and let cool
7. Mix Coconut oil, raw cacao and your sweetener of choice together. Drizzle on top
Serve with, cream, double cream or greek yoghurt