This one's pretty straight forward. It's a salad that I was making a fair bit for my meal prep a few months back when it was starting to warm up and I was sick of the veggie meals I was having at the time. It draws from Thai inspired dishes with strong coriander and mint with fresh lime to cut through. It goes great with white fish, chicken or even a nicely marinated flat mushroom. Give it a go, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Even those of you who aren't keen on zucchini.
- 2 Large Carrots
- 1 Large Zucchini
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (or macadamia, avocado. keep it light and fresh)
- 1 Chilli Pepper
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- Using a fine grater, "V-Slicer", Spiraliser or anything of the sort, shred carrot and zucchini into "noodles"
- Combine lime juice and oil in a separate bowl and mix thoroughly. Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Roughly chop coriander and mint. Julienne the chilli. Any chilli should be fine preferably use Thai Chilli for this dish.
- Mix all ingredients through and serve immediately.