Spinach and Feta Quiche
Today was such a great summer day, Tash and I decided that since we spent most of the morning outside, we should spend at least some of the day cooking and making some awesome foods. While she was putting together some lentil patties for her weeks lunches, I decided I would put together a quiche for lunch. Something that I haven't had for a very long time.
Quiches are something that I always loved as a kid. Quiche Lorraine specifically was the best in my child-like opinion but today I decided I was going to have a bit of an experiment. Something vegetarian friendly and so damn tasty.
1 cup of almond meal 1 Medium sized onion, halved and sliced
1/2 cup of coconut flour 2 cups of baby spinach
1/2 cup of tapioca flour 3 eggs
100g softened unsalted butter 1 medium mushroom
1/4 tsp of salt 75g of Feta Cheese
2 eggs 20g of unsalted butter
- Combine almond meal, coconut flour, tapioca flour and salt and sift thoroughly.
- Mix in butter and eggs ensuring that all ingredients are mixed through well.
- Press into a 30cm pie tin and bake for 15 minutes at 200°
- While base is baking add remaining butter and sliced onions into a frying pan on a low heat and sweat until caramelised.
- Add in baby spinach and wilt down.
- Allow spinach and onion to cool slightly in a mixing bowl and add three eggs scrambled to the mixture. Pour filling into the quiche.
- Slice mushroom finely and place on top of the quiche.
- Crumble feta over quiche evenly across the top
- Bake for a further 15 minutes. Serve hot.